Two-lobed Ginkgo, Silver Apricot, Duck’s Paws … As soon as they do not call a unique tree up to 50 meters high with yellow seeds and wavy leaves, growing on Earth for several million years, during the time of dinosaurs. It is for sure known that the origins of the origin of Ginkgo Biloba lead to Japan, it is not accidental that the leaf of this tree is a symbol of the Land of the Rising Sun, just as the maple leaf is Canada’s national pride. By the way, the tree is also respected in our country: Ginkgo Biloba is a symbol of the Perm region, where relic giants grow in large numbers. Worship of this representative of the flora is not accidental: all parts of the tree are saturated with a huge amount of useful vitamins and trace elements, due to which fruits, stems, leaves of Ginkgo Biloba have found wide application in medicine, sports pharmacology, cosmetology. Why is there so much interest in this natural phenomenon?
It is known for sure that in the Jurassic period on the planet there were several dozen species of Ginkgo, but the coming ice age was able to survive only one species that has survived to our days. Two-bladed it is called because of the characteristic shape of the leaves, reminiscent of the duck’s foot. Many people for their stamina during the global cooling read Ginkgo Biloba, considering the tree a symbol of courage and longevity, a harbinger of success and prosperity. In Japan, seed guessing is as popular as our prediction with chamomile. A strong and resistant tree is significantly different in appearance from its brethren.
- The height of Ginkgo Biloba reaches 40 meters, girth – 4,5 m.
- The crown is pyramidal, with the years it becomes more spreading.
- The plant is dioecious, the pollen is formed on male earrings.
- Refers to the family of gymnosperms, is considered a descendant of ferns.
- Dwarf varieties and species with conical tops are known.
- Perfectly tolerate critical temperatures, polluted atmosphere.
A panacea for all diseases?
Despite the fact that the extracts from the leaves of Ginkgo Biloba were successfully used in oriental medicine 4000 years ago, for a long time the healing properties of the tree remained outside the interests of official science. The breakthrough came in the 18th century thanks to the naturalist from the Netherlands, Engelbert Kempfer, whose discoveries were subsequently developed by Carl Linnaeus. Today unique plant components are successfully used for the prevention and treatment of many diseases. It is proved that the regular use of Ginkgo Biloba allows you to push back the old age and keep the clarity of the mind at an advanced age. Flavin glycosides, linalool esters, phenylpropane derivatives have a powerful healing effect on all human systems.
- Increase the elasticity of blood vessels, improve blood flow.
- Stabilize the work of the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys.
- Have a powerful antioxidant effect.
- Reduce the level of cholesterol, remove water, toxins, slags.
- Improve sleep, appetite, memory, immunity, attention, reaction.
- Normalize the psycho-emotional state of a person.
- They successfully fight with atherosclerosis, asthma, diabetes.
- Have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action.
- Prevent the occurrence of thrombi, edema, tumors, migraine
- Promotes the intensification of the work of the brain
For men and women
The spectrum of action of Ginkgo Biloba is so wide that a tree can really be called a panacea for many ailments. Extract from the roots helps doctors at the initial stage of treatment of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. Seeds are recommended for people with diabetes. Leaf extract relieves headache and muscle fatigue, increases stamina and reduces fatigue. It’s not for nothing that the plant is widely used by bodybuilders, weightlifters, and power combatants to intensify training. But Ginkgo Biloba enjoys no less success among the representatives of the beautiful half of humanity: the tree perfectly copes with the deposits of cellulite, smooths wrinkles, gives smoothness to the skin, strengthens the hair. When should I take the drug?
- With frequent dizziness, fainting, migraine, noise in the ears.
- If the patient has obliterating endarteritis, diabetes mellitus, Raynaud’s disease.
- In case of climacteric and age-related hormonal failures.
- When infected with influenza, herpes and other viral diseases.
- When you need to get rid of nicotine and alcohol dependence.
- If there are violations of potency, decreased libido, impaired erection.
- With chronic lack of sleep, nervous overload, fatigue and stress.
- When there are obsessive fears, phobias, mental disorders.
- If the regime is disturbed, fatigue, apathy, general malaise is felt.
- For skin rejuvenation, weight loss, increased vitality.
The curative effect of Ginkgo Biloba is recognized today throughout the world, extracts, tablets, oils are widely used in traditional and folk medicine. Such medicines as Ginkgo Um, Evalar, Tanakan, Dopelgerz are known to many, components for them are obtained from specially grown trees on the plantations of Japan, Germany, France, the USA. Despite the fact that pronounced allergic reactions and side effects are not identified, you should not self-medicate and at home prepare tinctures, the recipes of which are full of Internet. Official means, manufactured by leading pharmaceutical concerns, contain the adjusted proportions of the components of Ginkgo Biloba. Before starting to use it is necessary to consult a doctor who will accurately choose the optimal dosage and check the absence of contraindications. When should I take Ginkgo-based drugs?
- Acute pathologies of the brain, in particular, epilepsy.
- Exacerbations of ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
- Low blood clotting, arterial hypotension.
- Infarctions and strokes in acute stage.
- Cavity surgeries and surgical interventions.
- Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding.
- The use of acetylsalicylic acid, psychotropic drugs.
- If the patient’s age is less than 18 years.
This is curious
The ancient tree of our planet is not only a unique storehouse of microelements, vitamins, amino acids, necessary for everyone, an amazing collection of magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and other useful elements. This is also an amazing natural phenomenon, which is loved and appreciated not only by physicians and patients. Openwork leaves of Ginkgo Biloba are very popular with landscape designers, bonsai artists. In decorative and landscaping purposes, trees can be planted in the parks and squares of many European capitals: on a hot day, the crown gives a saving shadow, cleans the air of the contamination and harmful impurities of the metropolis. Here are just a few facts that emphasize the uniqueness of Ginkgo Biloba.
- The tree can live 4000 years and more.
- The plant is not susceptible to changes in humidity and temperature.
- Ginkgo Biloba is the only organism that survived the atomic explosion in Hiroshima.
- The tree is not exposed to harmful effects of bacteria and insects.
- Doctors annually prescribe 1 million prescriptions for Ginkgo drugs.
- A very tasty, useful, invigorating tea is prepared from the roots.
- Fried and boiled seeds are eaten in South-East Asia.
- If you touch the trunk of Ginkgo and make a wish – it will come true.
The latter statement has not been scientifically proven, so let’s leave it to each person. Undoubtedly, a fossil plant that has withstood the Ice Age and the explosion of a neutron bomb is indeed a unique tree and deserves great respect. Ginkgo Biloba has no analogues in the world of flora, it is not without reason that it is not classified and does not belong to any of the known biological groups. Postponed cataclysms did not affect the beauty and useful properties of the tree. Today, enjoy exquisite leaves, drink fortified preparations, use creams and oils based on Ginkgo Biloba can each of us.