Piracetam is a medicinal product that has a nootropic effect. The pharmaceutical agent is actively used by physicians to combat pathological neurological, psychiatric and narcological symptoms. Reception of a nootropic substance provides:
1. increase in the content of ATP in the brain tissue;
2. acceleration of biological production of ribonucleic acid and phospholipids;
3. stimulation of glycolytic mechanisms.
Systematic use of piracetam is recommended for the elimination of signs of Down syndrome and dyslexia (selective impairment of cognitive abilities).
Indications for use
Piracetam is administered to patients with the following functional disorders:
- psycho-organic disorders, vascular lesions (hypertensive crisis, atherosclerosis);
- acute viral neuroinfection;
- disorders of attention and memory, movements and the river (senile and vascular dementia);
- ischemic stroke and its consequencesneurotic depression;
- mechanical damage to the brain as a result of injuries;
- Violations of the emotional-volitional sphere and behavior;
- abstinence due to treatment of alcoholism or drug addiction;
- intellectual insufficiency, mental retardation and oligophrenia;
- consequences of perinatal CNS injury;
- sickle-cell anemia.
Regular use of a medicament in the dosage recommended by the attending physician leads to:
- activation of the central nervous system;
- stabilization of impaired brain functions (speech, memory, consciousness);
- improve memory and mood, increase intellectual activity;
- accelerate learning processes;
- normalization of metabolism of neuromediators, utilization of glucose, as well as the synthesis of nuclear;
- RNA and phospholipids;
- increase the resistance of brain cells to hypoxia and toxic effects;
- acceleration of regional blood flow in the area of ischemic areas of the brain;
- restoration of vestibular function
Effect on sexual potency
Nootropic pharmacological agent does not directly affect the genitals, but it has a favorable effect on the activity of the central nervous system. The use of Piracetam tablets increases the sensitivity of nerve fibers, increases the strength and duration of the body. In addition, the active components of the drug can achieve normalization of the emotional background and mood enhancement, effective treatment of psychogenic pathologies that cause a decrease in sexual desire.
Pharmaceutical preparation copes with signs of intoxication and alcohol poisoning, prevents damage to brain cells, improves blood microcirculation. The substance has no psycho-stimulating and sedative effect, it does not cause addiction.
Mode of application
Piracetam is taken orally in a dosage of 30 mg. When determining the optimal number of active substances, the physician takes into account the type and severity of the organic pathology of the brain, the state of health and the age of the patient undergoing medical therapy, the treatment course does not exceed 2-3 weeks.
If the patient receives an increased dosage of a pharmacological agent, he may suffer from such undesirable changes as:
- hyperkinesia (a state of increased psychoemotional arousal)
- irritability, depressive symptoms and aggressive behavior
- drowsiness and asthenia
- exacerbation of coronary insufficiency, attacks of angina
- increased risk of internal bleeding
- change in blood pressure
- abdominal pain, flatulence and diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- loss of appetite
- increased sensitivity of the skin
To eliminate any side effects, the patient will need to seek professional medical help. In the treatment of patients with an overdose of Pyracetam, the doctor appoints:
- reception of activated carbon
- gastric lavage
- symptomatic therapy
Piracetam is forbidden for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as its components can harm a child’s condition. In addition, the use of a pharmaceutical is contraindicated when:
- individual intolerance
- severe renal failure
- hemorrhagic stroke
- agitated depression (accompanied by excessive motor activity)
- Huntington’s disease (causes speech disturbance and coordination of movements)
The medic prescribes a reduced dosage of the drug if the patient has hemostasis, a tendency to develop bleeding and convulsive seizures.